Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Favorite Snacks

So.. I'm trying to come up with a list of things I usually eat when it's not time for Lunch or Dinner yet but I feel hungry. Usually I have snacks throughout the day, packed and ready to go, and then have a big meal during dinner.
The following snacks vary from fresh fruit to packaged snacks. Follow the portion size, or else the calories will be off. I would suggest to go for the natural snacks, since they offer more nutrients and fiber. The processed snacks may contain artificial sweeteners and added ingredients. Also remember, calories are approximations

Natural Snacks
  • Banana (~100cal)
  • Apple(~100)
  • 1 cup of diced pineapple (~80cal)
  • 1 cup of strawberries (~50cal)
  • 1 cup of grapes (~62cal)
  • 1 orange/1 cup of sections of orange (~80cal)
  • half an apple, sliced, with 1tbsp of peanut butter (~140cal)
  • half banana w/ 1 tbsp PB (~140cal)
  • 1oz of almonds, about 24 pieces (~165cal)
Processed Snacks
  • PopChips (16 Chips) 96cal
  • Mott's Natural Apple Sauce No Sugar Added, 1 container/~1/2cup (50 cal)
  • 1 cup Organic Valley Chocolate Lowfat Milk (160 calories)
  • 1 Fiber One Brownie (90cal)
  • 1 bag of Orville Redenbacher's 100 Calorie Pack Popcorn
  • Dannon Light & Fit yogurt, strawberry (~80cal)
  • Fiber One 90 calories bar
  • 1/2 whole wheat bagel thin w/ 1tbsp of PB (~140cal)
  • 1/2 whole wheat bagel thin w/ 1 Laughing Cow cheese wedge (~90cal)
  • Rold Gold Honey Wheat Braided Twists, 8 sticks (110cal)
  • Special K Berries Cereal (110cal for 1cup) + 1/2 cup of skim milk (45cal)
 ***Do NOT snack if you're not hungry

These are just some of my favorite things to eat :-)
I will try to update this list as I think of more things to add

__________________________________________

DAY 3 NO Munchkins - ...they are really tempting me today, but I had one cookie last night for being so good yesterday with my eating. So I am satisfied :)

DAY 3 "Lose 10+lbs" Plan - So far, eating-wise everything is okay. I feel hungry every morning now, which is good. I eat my dinner earlier now. This morning I had a banana and chai tea. Forgot to eat the rest of my breakfast but had a salad with a bagel thin and cheese wedge for lunch. Followed by applesauce and pineapples for sweet snack. Working-out wise, Monday I did p90x, yesterday I ran short 3 mile recovery and today's plan is to do a good 5 miler and p90x chest and back after work.

I decided I'm going to make Fridays my "Weigh-In" days!
Crossing my fingers, hopefully I lose something for this weeks hard work :)



Give me ideas on what to add to my list! :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love to snack on trail mix. Basically just some peanuts and raisins with occasionally some granola thrown in. Good protein and delicious. Also, I throw a grapefruit in my lunch sack which I cut into slices. That's a good low low calorie treat in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete